- One million+ BIM Products for Mechanical, Electric and Plumbing (MEP) design now available in an online library from Progman; over 50,000 products available for free download
- 200 leading manufacturers’ products are listed with comprehensive technical data and 3D models
- MEP designers can now collaborate effectively with teams from across the build – key to achieving the benefits of Building Information Modelling for any large-scale building project
Progman, the leading provider of MEP design solutions, has today launched a free browsing library available at www.magicloud.com. MEP designers that need a wide selection of high-quality BIM products including those designers utilising REVIT MEP or AutoCAD, can now access more than one million products from leading manufacturers. In addition to browsing the full catalogue of intelligent products and accessing their technical data, many of the objects are also available for download enabling designers to use them directly in their projects. MEP designers do not have to be current MagiCAD customers to make use of MagiCloud.
Created with the highest standards, the MagiCloud library is easy-to-browse so users can find detailed, accurate dimensions and comprehensive technical data for products by nearly 200 manufacturers. 3D views are included for each product, which can be spun and viewed from any angle. Designers can quickly select the components they need, downloading them into their Revit, Revit MEP and AutoCAD projects. Free download capability is possible for over 50,000 products and this number is continuously growing.
By bringing the whole database online, MagiCloud enables designers to collaborate effectively with teams from across the entire build – key to achieving the benefits of Building Information Modelling for any large-scale building project. Collaboration can happen both online and offline. New features for designers include :
- Europe’s largest collection of high-quality MEP products with dimensions and full technical information, in an easy-to-browse format
- Free downloads of 50,000 products from leading manufacturers including FlowCon, Frico, Giacomini, and Systemair
- MagiCloud Windows Manager enables the user to place the downloaded product straight into their Revit or AutoCAD project and makes the use of the manufacturer´s products fast and intuitive. This feature is unique to the MagiCloud service
- Free download of several manufacturer Plugins for use in Revit. Plugins connect manufacturers’ product selection and calculation software directly with Revit or MagiCAD, making product selection faster, easier and more accurate
“The new MagiCloud library makes our accurate BIM products accessible to all MEP designers around the world,” said Jukka Nyman, Operations Director at Progman. “Furthermore it opens the door for designers to use BIM. It’s critical that designers can adopt a BIM approach where all the key stakeholders in a build can collaborate efficiently and effectively during the design phase. We’re proud to be the number one provider of BIM MEP products in Europe, and we’re committed to grow and maintain that position.”
For manufacturers, the opportunity to have products modeled and hosted in MagiCloud gives them open-door access to MEP designers working on hospitals, office buildings and large construction projects all over the world. MagiCAD is widely-used throughout the globe and is the number one solution in the Nordics, Russia and China. The intelligent models include 3D geometry and comprehensive technical and marketing information for each product. Once product models are created, they are made immediately available to more than 18,000 MagiCAD customers and published globally through MagiCloud. Interested manufacturers should get in touch with MagiCloud Sales Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mikael Karlsmyr, Market Communication Manager at Systemair said: “Having our ventilation products hosted in MagiCloud is a critical part of ensuring we are active in BIM. Designers can see our products and gain access to all of the technical data, and will be much more likely to incorporate Systemair products into their designs. The access to MEP designers through MagiCloud is unparalleled.”
In January 2019 we unified our brand under MagiCAD. Progman Oy and our subsidiary companies CADCOM AB and Progman Software UK Ltd, were renamed to MagiCAD Group. In addition to this, MagiCloud was renamed to MagiCAD Cloud.