MagiCAD Group has released MagiCAD 2021 for Revit and AutoCAD. The new version introduces intelligent new functions and improved workflows for making Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) design faster and easier. MagiCAD 2021 supports the latest Autodesk platforms Revit 2021 and AutoCAD 2021.
MagiCAD 2021, together with the preceding two update releases, brings extensive new functionality for MEP design in Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD environments. The new version introduces tools for the design of a completely new system type, natural gas, and provides numerous features that improve workflows, enable effective cooperation, and enhance the overall MEP design experience.
MagiCAD for Revit 2021 presents comprehensive functions for the design and calculation of natural gas systems. The new version includes gas-system specific parts and calculation features, functionality that is much demanded to complement existing water system design tools.
Electrical designers will be able to produce accurate and detailed electrical systems with the addition of back boxes for electrical devices. Installing back boxes together with actual devices unlocks many new and advanced uses for the modeled conduit, such as concrete element pre-fabrication and more accurate bills of materials. Back boxes are available for both MagiCAD for Revit and MagiCAD for AutoCAD.
The new version of MagiCAD also introduces an intelligent feature for optimizing and installing a radiator setup to a space. The feature reads Revit space information and takes into account window dimensions and positioning, in order to automatically define and install an optimal radiator configuration for a space.
Other additions, such as automatic main riser diagram creation for electrical systems, improved drainage connections, smart manhole installation and improved parameter handling make daily work easier for designers of different disciplines.
MagiCAD 2021 for AutoCAD also presents many intelligent solutions that help daily design work. Modifying drainage systems is much easier as users can edit the elevations of existing drainage pipes with the connected pipes being adjusted automatically to keep the system functional. This produces considerable time savings by enabling system editing instead of redrawing. New and extended installation codes for ventilation, piping and electrical parts help in establishing an effective and smooth workflow between designers and contractors and, in addition to the aforementioned addition of back boxes, electrical designers will achieve detailed design accuracy with new radius definitions for vertical bends of conduits and cables.
MagiCAD is a modular software with applications tailored for the different disciplines of MEP design, enabling powerful modelling and engineering calculations. MagiCAD automates many complex and time-consuming design tasks, saving time in day-to-day design work, and shortening the total project run-through times on average by 30% or more.
MagiCAD 2021 for Revit – New features:
- Support for Autodesk Revit 2021
- Create automatic main riser diagrams
- Install back boxes for electrical devices
- Use wire type data in Electrical calculations
- Define bend radius for crossings
- Support for using multiple shared parameter files
- Renewed Update Parameter tool and improved handling of parameters in Schematics
- Easy access to the Help Manual
- Gas system design with integrated calculations
- New routing options for sprinkler connections
- Support for clamp sizing
- Intelligent radiator configuration and installation according to space data
- Upgraded drainage connection tool
- Smart installation of manholes and chambers
- Support for ASHRAE standards and Chinese calculation standards
MagiCAD 2021 for AutoCAD – New features:
- Support for Autodesk AutoCAD 2021
- Improved PDF Export and new PDF Batch Export function
- Adjust the elevation of drainage pipes
- Perform sizing according to maximum flow
- New Installation codes in Ventilation, Piping and Electrical
- More flexible filtering of object selection properties
- New valve adjustment option: Locking the kv-value
- Install back boxes for electrical products
- Enhanced switchboard and host management
- Model accurate vertical bends for conduits and cables
- Merge walls in MagiCAD Room
- Quick access to favourite devices in MagiCAD Schematics
MagiCAD enables MEP design using the world’s largest product model database, featuring over 1,000,000 actual products and product variants from 290 leading manufacturers across the world. Each model within the database comes complete with accurate dimensions and comprehensive technical data. MagiCAD offers localisation for different country-specific standards, and it is used by contractors and designers in projects in over 80 countries across the world.
Contact us to find out more about the benefits of MagiCAD 2020 for your company.