MagiCAD is a perfect tool for MEP professionals. Adding MagiCAD’s clever automated capabilities to your AutoCAD or Revit MEP makes HVAC and electrical design faster and easier, and at the same time enables new levels of reliability, accuracy and quality. MagiCAD saves your time during projects by:
1) automating routine tasks, such as:
– Drawing and creating connections between objects
– Calculations and information retrieval
– Collision control and other check-up processes
– Creation of BOMs and other output documents
2) making your design more accurate and reliable, reducing the need for costly and time-consuming revisions in later project stages
3) allowing you to perform accurate calculations and simulations using real, commercially available MEP products from Europe’s largest database of intelligent, data-rich 3D MEP product models.
“MagiCAD enhances project productivity”
Case: Varyap Meridian by GN Engineering
GN Engineering designed HVAC systems for the award-winning green high-rise development Varyap Meridian in Istanbul, Turkey using MagiCAD Heating & Piping and Ventilation for AutoCAD.
– We at GN Engineering want to be one of the best providers of HVAC design and consultancy services in Turkey. We are proud to say that in 2005 we were the first Turkish company to start using MagiCAD. The reason why we originally chose MagiCAD was its compatibility with AutoCAD and excellent 3D features for HVAC design. We have now been using MagiCAD for about eight years and we are very pleased with it, comments General Manager Gürkan Görgün from GN Engineering.
– Over the years, we have found that using MagiCAD saves us a lot of time and enhances also overall project productivity. We have estimated that MagiCAD’s time-saving functions, such as easy riser diagram features and faster revisions, can save up to 30 per cent of total project time. This also permits us to proactively detect and avoid potential problems in later project stages, which has positive effects also on project quality, Gürkan continues.
Varyap Meridian is Turkey’s first luxury green housing project certified under the international LEED environmental standard (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design). The 410,000 m² project includes a hotel, a shopping centre, and residential buildings, and consists of the 61-storey Varyap Meridian Grand Tower, 1,500 apartments in five separate residential towers, a five-star hotel, 20,000 m² of office space, a 50,000 m² business centre, as well as conference facilities, landscaped public areas, as well as parking facilities.
The impressive project has received numerous international awards, including the International Property Award 2010 for Best Architectural Project in the World, Best Architecture in Turkey, and Best High-Rise Architecture in Turkey, as well as the European Property Award 2010 for Best Architecture and Best High-Rise Architecture. The architectural design was performed by the international architectural firm RMJM, known globally for projects such as the Palm Jumeirah Luxury Hotel in the United Arab Emirates, and the Beijing Olympic Green Convention Center in China.
Green and cost-efficient
Following the LEED criteria, the project was designed using the integrated sustainability approach, aiming to harmonise the building with its surroundings and the natural environment.
In addition to being friendly to the environment, the selection of green building materials, the innovative solutions in building services systems, and the achieved energy and water savings of approximately 40 per cent decrease also the day-to-day expenses of the building, saving money for the apartment owners.
The challenge was to provide a high comfort-level for the residents with minimum impact to the environment.
– MagiCAD’s piping and ventilation calculation features helped us tremendously with the energy optimisation of the building’s HVAC systems. One of the key benefits of MagiCAD is that the calculations reflect reality accurately. Also, because MagiCAD allows us to design using real products, we were able to perform energy-optimisation calculations much faster, says Gürkan.
To book a personal presentation of the benefits of MagiCAD for Revit and AutoCAD, click here and fill in your contact details.