Position: Account Manager | UK & Ireland
Location: Central Manchester, England
Job Type: Full-Time (permanent)
MagiCAD Group Ltd, one of Europe’s leading Building Information Modelling (BIM) software providers for the MEP (Building Services) industry is strengthening its operations in the UK. MagiCAD Group Ltd are currently seeking a highly motivated, results-orientated individual to join our UK technical software sales team. The position will be at our centrally based Manchester office.
- Standard daytime working hours (9am to 5pm)
- 25 days annual leave plus UK public holidays
- Travel hours outside of standard working hours paid
- Bupa private Heath care
- Bonus scheme – commission based (uncapped)
- Group Life insurance scheme
- Income Protection insurance scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Company credit card
- Company mobile phone and contract
- Financially stable company
- Exciting international company with global presence
- Comprehensive on boarding programme
- Modern and brand new working environment centrally located
- Sit / stand desks, dual / large monitors, ergonomic chairs
- Birthday gifts and years of service rewards
- Group-wide company events and parties in Finland
- Group-wide company sales kick-off events in Finland
- UK Team building sports activities
- UK Team building parties
- Top 20 Great places to work (GPTW) awarded to HQ in 2018
- Over 175 colleagues speaking over 20 languages
- Part of the Glodon Group of companies (5000+ employees)
Duties, responsibilities and desirables:
The ideal candidate will perform and meet the following criteria:
- Work as part of our growing UK sales team to take care of MagiCAD software sales to the UK and Irish markets. The role involves close cooperation with our technical team of Engineers.
- Develop and expand customer accounts by actively prospecting via cold-calls, marketing lead follow-up, building personal relationships, etc.
- Be responsible for building up, managing and maintaining a solid pipeline of sales activity. Ensure a regular flow of sales month-by-month to achieve targets.
- Be responsible for planning and utilising time and resources wisely and strategically to meet internal / external demands and increase sales.
- Plan, organise and participate (from a sales perspective) in webinars or in-house customer software demonstrations in cooperation with our technical team.
- Be energetic, flexible and when necessary, travel to visit customers. Demonstrate punctuality by arriving to meetings and appointments on time.
- Participate in commercial events, such as tradeshows, conferences and user-groups held in the UK and Ireland, and represent the MagiCAD brand in a professional manner to clients, prospects and partners.
- Be proactive in the role to ensure a deeper level of knowledge about the technical software products sold, the building services industry, and competition within the market.
- Be responsible for own actions, keep to commitments, complete tasks on time and work longer hours when necessary to reach goals.
- Manage complex processes and tasks, work in a structured and organised manner and think clearly under pressure.
- Hold strong numeracy skills, be very detail-oriented and follow company policies and procedures.
- Be able to work with a strong sense of self-motivation. Once fully up to speed in the working role, be able to work under minimal supervision.
The above duties, responsibilities and desirables are not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may be required to perform other related duties assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation’s expansion within the UK and Irish markets.
The ideal candidate should also be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years successful sales experience with more being an advantage.
- Experience in technical software sales will be extremely beneficial to this position.
- Excellent computer literacy: Competent in using Microsoft software products such as Windows and Office, Adobe Acrobat, communication tools such as Slack, Skype for Business and GoToWebinar, web browsers and a good understanding of file manipulation. Experience in using a CRM software system being an advantage.
- Previous experience in using a technical design software such as AutoCAD is highly appreciated.
- Language skills: Fluent in written and verbal English (native or bilingual proficiency).
- Educated to degree level: BA or BSc in Business, IT / Information Systems, Engineering, or a similarly related field is preferred.
Our company background:
MagiCAD Group is a Finnish software company behind MagiCAD for Revit and AutoCAD. We have over 35 years of experience in developing solutions for the building services industry, specialising in products and services for the design of heating, piping, ventilation, sprinkler, and electrical systems. With a customer base of thousands of companies using our solution across over 80 countries globally, MagiCAD has a solid track record of successful MEP design projects used by leading mechanical and electrical design companies.
In this open position, we provide a unique opportunity to develop your skills and play a key role with one of Europe’s leading HVAC and electrical design software providers. We are able to offer you a secure job at a financially stable company. Through a casual but professional company culture with good opportunities for professional growth, we have been able to sustain an excellent employee retention rate. Our mission is to continue to develop leading software solutions for building services in Europe, China and Russia, and to create added value for our customers by developing products and services which continue to exceed their expectations.
Further information and applications:
For further information about this open position, please contact our MagiCAD Group Ltd Managing Director, Gavin Doherty by:
Telephone: +44 (0)7500 833263 (mobile)
Applicants should send their up-to-date CV and application cover letter containing salary requirements via our online recruitment portal: https://www.sympahr.net/public/pq.aspx?dac68aee
In addition, if you are a user of the LinkedIn online social platform then we would appreciate a link to your own profile page. Applications will be handled immediately as soon as they arrive within the application period. The position will be filled as soon as we find a suitable candidate.