We are expanding to Spanish markets, and are currently seeking a highly motivated, technically competent individual to join our technical services team in Spain as a subcontractor.
Position is based on subcontract with 2-3 days working per week. The location of the position is Spain. There is a possibility to become fully employed at MagiCAD Group after approximately 12 month period.
Technical Consultant is to work closely with Sales Area Manager located in Finland and Global Technical Services team.
Responsibilities and requirements
As a Technical Consultant in Spain, emphases during first year will be on:
- Provide pre-sales MagiCAD technical demonstrations.
- Support potential customers in software testing & evaluation.
- Provide after-sales technical support.
- Plan and assist MagiCAD’s implementation in the customer’s BIM workflow.
- Organize and hold MagiCAD trainings.
- Organize and hold MagiCAD public webinars online to a large audience.
- Create or assist in the creation of Spanish materials about MagiCAD in the form of e.g. newsletters, technical file translations, etc.
- Assisting with product development meaning a combination of recognising market requirements, key features that will lead to increased usage and also technical demands which are mandatory for the Spain market area.
- Occasionnally helping with sales activities such as customer need assessment, solution tailoring and contracting.
To succeed in the role, the ideal candidate should also be able demonstrate the following experience
- Working experience either as an electrical or mechanical design engineer within the Building Services sector. Contractor and / or Consultant bias are both desirable.
- Knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) in the Spanish market and its future demands / standards are important.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Degree or postgraduate from Building Service Engineering.
- To have at least utilised Revit MEP on one completed project, ideally using the software from project initiation to handover. Having experience of MagiCAD for Revit would be a significant advantage.
- Fluent Spanish and English language skills. Other languages are considered as advantage.
- Be enthusiastic, flexible and willing to travel within Spain to visit potential and existing customers. In addition, some travelling to Finland at least 4 times a year. Also display a personable and professional attitude.
- Be able to work remotely (home-office) with self-motivation and personal goal setting, without requiring regular supervision. As the role will eventually become very autonomous, the right candidate must be able to take responsibility for their own actions, complete tasks on time, set their own targets and outcomes, respond promptly to customer needs, and demonstrate punctuality arriving to meetings / appointments on time.
- Even though it is a mainly technical role, an understanding of sales and customer/market needs and how to grow and evolve in the market area will be essential to success.
The above job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Selected person may be required to perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation’s expansion within the market area.
What we offer
In this open position we provide a unique opportunity to develop your skills and play a key role with one of Europe’s leading HVAC and electrical design software providers. We are able to offer you a secure job at a financially stable company. Through a casual but professional company culture with good opportunities for professional growth, we have been able to sustain an excellent employee retention rate. We are also offering flexible working conditions, flexible working hours and usage of flexitime. Our mission is to continue to develop leading software solutions for building services in Europe, China and Russia, and to create added value for our customers by developing products and services which continue to exceed their expectations. MagiCAD Group Oy was awarded as one of the Great Places To Work in Finland in 2018 and 2019.
Got more questions?
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please send your application in English with your salary/compensation request via our recruitment portal.
Apply fast! We are going through applications as they arrive and will fulfill the position immediately when the right person is found!