What you need to know
There are many options to choose from when selecting MagiCAD software for MEP. The following information provides a simple guide for making your choice easy:
Choose the Autodesk platform where you will run MagiCAD
- MagiCAD for Revit fully integrates and functions seamlessly within the Autodesk Revit and Building Design Suite platforms and runs on Windows OS.
- MagiCAD for AutoCAD fully integrates and functions seamlessly within the Autodesk AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, or AutoCAD MEP platforms and runs on Windows OS.
- MagiCAD Suite is an optimal choice if you run projects on both Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD platforms.
Choose the MEP discipline or disciplines you will focus on
MagiCAD offers several discipline-specific modules for you to choose from. MagiCAD’s BIM object libraries and Common Tools are inclusive within each module.
- MagiCAD Ventilation – available for Revit and AutoCAD platforms
- MagiCAD Piping – available for Revit and AutoCAD platforms
- MagiCAD Electrical – available for Revit and AutoCAD platforms
- MagiCAD Schematics – available for Revit and AutoCAD platforms
- MagiCAD Sprinkler Designer– sold as a bundle with MagiCAD Piping, available for Revit and AutoCAD platforms
- MagiCAD Supports & Hangers – available for the Revit platform
- MagiCAD Circuit Designer – available for the AutoCAD platform
- MagiCAD Comfort & Energy – available for the AutoCAD platform
- MagiCAD Room – available for the AutoCAD platform
Choose the license type that best suits your needs
- Perpetual Licenses
- Stand-alone Licence Model (SLM): This type of licence is node-locked and is tied to a particular PC workstation. These licences are ideal for individuals or small office environments requiring only a few personnel to access and use the software.
- Network Licence Model (NLM): This type of licence is not tied to a particular PC workstation and therefore it offers a more flexible option than SLM. Each network license entitles one user of the software product at a time. Network licences are ideal for larger organisations that require many individuals to access and use the software.
- Maintenance for Perpetual Licenses offers licensing with access to the latest software main release and software update releases.
- Subscription Licenses
- Subscription offers fixed-term based licensing. Both SLM and NLM licencing models are available. Access to the latest software main release and software update releases are included. Fixed-term subscriptions are available as shorter 3 and 6-month contracts as well as longer 12, 24 and 36-month contracts. Subscription licenses are available for MagiCAD Ventilation, MagiCAD Piping, MagiCAD Electrical, MagiCAD Schematics and MagiCAD Supports & Hangers.
- Educational licenses
- These licences are only for educational purposes and are available for universities, colleges and institutes. Educational licences contain a range of MagiCAD modules with full functionality. The license term is fixed to 12 months at a time.
New MagiCAD software can be sold with an additional paid training package. MagiCAD Group and our partners arrange software training for both new and existing customers. Dependent on the platform and the combination of modules to be trained, a tailored training package is assembled and delivered.
Contact our sales for further information
and to receive a quotation
Code Embed: Cannot use CODE-EN-GETAQUOTE-V1 as a global code as it is being used to store 2 unique pieces of code in 8 posts