MagiCAD Comfort & Energy for AutoCAD includes MagiCAD Room and RIUSKA, an efficient and versatile comfort and energy simulation application, in one package. MagiCAD Room offers tools for modelling the 3D geometry of the building and defining spaces with design requirements. However, in cases when detailed heating and cooling load calculations or comprehensive energy consumption calculations are required, the energy simulation tool, Riuska, must be added to the software portfolio.
With Riuska, thermal conditions of a building and its spaces can be calculated in different loading and weather conditions. The application is based on many years of development at Granlund and the core of the tool is internationally acclaimed DOE 2.1E simulation program. Riuska can be used for the following tasks:
- To ensure compliance with the objectives
- Temperatures of premises in summer and winter
- Comparison of indoor climate quality levels
- Comparison of architectural solutions (windows, window protection, façade solutions)
- Comparison and dimensioning of systems
- Analysis of problematic spaces
- Energy consumption of buildings and building systems
- Projected consumption of maintenance
Riuska takes into account structures, massiveness, local weather, thermal loads, usage hours and so forth. It performs hourly calculations on, for example, annual energy consumption, temperatures in various spaces and their constancy as well as heating and cooling needs.