TB Poland is an engineering consultancy for design-and-build contracts, delivering multi-discipline engineering design services to the Norwegian construction industry. The experience and expertise of Polish and Norwegian MEP engineers combined with advanced BIM solutions and design tools enables TB Poland to deliver top-quality engineering services, ranging from conceptual design to as-built drawings.
TB Poland has been using MagiCAD for over three years, their toolkit including MagiCAD Ventilation, MagiCAD Piping, MagiCAD Sprinkler Designer and MagiCAD Electrical for Revit MEP and AutoCAD.
– “TB Poland introduced a Revit platform after many years of advanced engineering using MagiCAD for AutoCAD, which was in fact full BIM engineering as well. So MagiCAD for Revit is just a different way of doing the same BIM job, but Revit gives more possibilities for other stages of the construction process. It also acts as an incentive for new customers and opens up new opportunities for our business”, comments Section Manager Marek Piotrowicz from TB Poland in Krakow.
– “MagiCAD has made our MEP design 50 % faster on Revit MEP by enabling perfect coordination. Clash detection, easy change management, automatic provisions for voids – all of these tools are very helpful in everyday work with the model. Also access to MagiCAD’s vast product libraries is a huge facilitation of project workflow”, Marek explains.
– “MagiCAD adds full calculation capability on top of Revit MEP, including pressure drop and sound calculations. Our company develops projects for foreign markets, so it is crucial to be able to prepare everything in a detailed and accurate model before delivery to the Client. Advanced calculation capabilities, wide range of detailed product families – this is why we use MagiCAD for Revit”, says Marek.
– “By using MagiCAD’s sound calculation functions and 3D ventilation design features, we have for example provided expert noise calculations and analysis for part of the complex ventilation systems of a rebuilt, three-level railway station Łódź Fabryczna in Łódź, Poland. On the second level of the station, situated 16,5 meters underground, there will be a railway station with four platforms and eight tracks. TB Poland was supporting the acoustic consultant in this project”, Marek says.
– “Another interesting project was the engineering of prefabricated installation shafts for the Innseilingå project in Stavanger, Norway, consisting of five multistory residential buildings. Prefab thinking in the modern construction site is not a new approach, but BIM tools make this process tremendously more accurate, faster and successful. TB Poland engineered prefabricated six-meter shaft modules in Poland, after which they were built in a workshop in Norway and then installed on site. The whole process allowed faster construction, lower costs through material savings and less man-hours, and offered improved quality assurance”, says Marek.
– “With multidisciplinary engineering, it is crucial to be able to coordinate all the different technical systems within the building model efficiently from the very beginning. It is also very important that the engineering team are not spending their time searching for product data or manually defining data for product models. With MagiCAD, all this information is readily available from the start, enabling us to focus on design and engineering decisions”, Marek concludes.